- According to Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, the 49ers aren’t expected to be big players in free agency.
- Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports takes a look at five offensive free agents he thinks the 49ers should pursue this offseason Packers WR Geronimo Allison, Colts WR Chester Rogers, free-agent WR Taylor Gabriel, Chargers G Michael Schofield and free-agent TE Delanie Walker.
- 49ers DE Ronald Blair posted a video showing himself running, which is a key milestone in his recovery from a torn ACL four months ago. Blair is set to be a free agent this offseason.
- Dan Graziano says the Cardinals have “some interest” in re-signing RB Kenyan Drake, but the two sides haven’t been able to reach a deal.
- According to Graziano, Arizona is open to trading RB David Johnson, but it obviously wouldn’t be easy, considering that $2.1 million of his $10.2 million 2020 salary becomes fully guaranteed on Wednesday.
- According to Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times, the Rams are bracing themselves to lose both LB Cory Littleton and DE Dante Fowler when free agency eventually opens.
- The team has said it wants to keep as many players as it can out of a group of pending free agents that includes DL Michael Brockers, LT Andrew Whitworth, G Austin Blythe, K Greg Zuerlein, QB Blake Bortles, LB Bryce Hager and S Marqui Christian. However, the Rams have just $15 million in cap space right now.
- Out of that group, Klein mentions Whitworth and Blythe as the two players seen as most likely to return.
- Dan Graziano reports that Seahawks free agent DE Jadeveon Clowney is looking for something in the $20-million-a-year range. Seattle would reportedly like to re-sign Clowney, but isn’t likely to offer him this kind of money.
- If Seattle loses Clowney, Graziano expects the Seahawks to pursue another free agent pass rusher, considering their obvious need at the position.