- Michael Lombardi explained on Wednesday’s “GM Shuffle” podcast that the Cardinals would “gladly” trade former first-round LB Haason Reddick and would like to make a move.
- The Cardinals are showing a lot of interest in Arkansas State DL Kevin Thurmon, per Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline.
- TCU CB Jeff Gladney worked out for the Cardinals before the shutdown. (Aaron Wilson)
49ers RB Matt Breida has come up as a potential name on San Francisco’s trading block. In fact a few 49ers running backs have been mentioned, which makes sense given the team’s depth at the position. However, Breida thinks in the end the 49ers end up bringing everyone into the season.
“I think they want a lot of the guys back, so they’re going to do whatever they can to keep everyone back,” Breida said on KNBR. “I’m just going to sit here, wait, and see what happens. But I’ve got a good feeling we’re all going to be back.”
- Michael Lombardi recently reported that the 49ers were open to listening to trade offers for OLB Dee Ford, LB Kwon Alexander, S Jaquiski Tartt and WR Marquise Goodwin. Lombardi explained on Wednesday’s “GM Shuffle” podcast that it will be hard for the 49ers will trade Ford or Alexander due to their contracts.
- Lombardi mentioned that San Francisco would like to get their cap situation under control and they know they will have to sign some of their young core players in the coming years.
- Matt Barrows lists the 49ers’ pre-draft visits, including QB James Morgan, QB Mason Fine, RB Jonathan Taylor, RB Raymond Calais, RB Salvon Ahmed, RB Reggie Corbin, RB Artavis Pierce, RB Tra Minter, WR CeeDee Lamb, WR Denzel Mims, WR Lynn Bowden, WR Quez Watkins, WR Aaron Fuller, TE Devin Asiasi, TE Hunter Bryant, OT Ezra Cleveland, OT Josh Jones, G Cordel Iwuagwu, C Luke Juriga, DT Ross Blacklock, DT Raekwon Davis, DT Jordan Elliot, DT Malcolm Roach, DE Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Kenny Willekes, LB Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Shaun Bradley, LB Cassh Mailua, CB C.J. Henderson, CB Luqman Barcoo, CB Tyler Hall, S Ashtyn Davis, S Daniel Thomas, S Jalen Elliott, and S Kam Curl.
- Lynch said of C Weston Richburg‘s recovery from a patella injury: “Weston is doing very well. He’s on target to be ready to play if the season kicks off at the normal time. He’s on target for that. I think he’ll be ready for training camp. That’s our hope.” (Nick Wagoner)
The Rams reaped the benefits of the current difficulties teams have in obtaining physicals when DT Michael Brockers‘ deal with the Ravens fell through. However, the Rams might get bit by the other side of that, as two of their other free agent signings — LB Leonard Floyd and DT A’Shawn Robinson — have yet to pass physicals of their own a month after being signed.
“We’ve agreed to terms with Leonard and A’Shawn. Based on language in your contract on when the players can get physicals and things like that is really the nuances of why you can’t officially announce,” Rams GM Les Snead said via Pro Football Talk. “That is, again, a little bit of the adversity during these quarantined times with the physicals.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said their staff feels comfortable with their virtual platform for the 2020 NFL Draft: “This is not uncomfortable for us at all… I don’t feel like we are that out of whack at all.” (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks GM John Schneider feels the Seahawks hit on their “1-2-3” free agents OT Brandon Shell, C B.J. Finney, and OT Cedric Ogbuehi. (Bob Condotta)
- Schneider added that signing those free-agent offensive linemen allows the to select the “best player available” in the 2020 NFL Draft. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll said of the trade for CB Quinton Dunbar: “We need depth at corner, need to be able to match up really well. For us to figure out how to get him was great. Makes us that much more competitive.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Regarding Seahawks RBs Chris Carson (hip) and Rashaad Penny (ACL), Carroll said both appear to be doing “really well” with their recoveries from injury: “Seems like everything is going really well as far as we can tell.” (Bob Condotta)
- While Seattle likes to trade down, they might consider staying put and making the pick if Alabama S Xavier McKinney is on the board. (Brady Henderson)
- The Seahawks recently had a video call with UCLA TE Devin Asiasi who has been mentioned as a player who could go higher than expected. (Mike Garafolo)