Here’s a collection of some of today’s headlines:
- Today marks the day that Vincent Jackson will find out if his suspension will be reduced or upheld. If his suspension is lowered to three games, it would add some much-needed trade value that should help negotiations for the San Diego Chargers and Jackson’s agents.
- The Chicago Bears have signed LB Rod Wilson to fill in for the injured Hunter Hillenmeyer. Jason La Canfora reports that the deal is a one-year deal.
- Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Pittsburgh Steelers have their eyes on G Donald Thomas and QB Jarrett Brown.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have reported that they have re-signed TE Ernest Wilford and waived WR John Matthews. via Jaguars Insider
- Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers are “encouraged” with Byron Leftwichs progress. Dennis Dixon is the teams current starting quarterback and barring any unforeseen turn of events, he should remain the starter, even when Leftwich returns to the team.
- The San Fransisco 49ers will retire Jerry Rice’s No. 80 during Sunday’s game against the Saints. per Adam Schefter
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!