- The 49ers are comfortable finishing the season with WRs Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, and Mario Manningham as their top three receivers. (Matt Maiocco)
- Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett mentioned that he QB Thad Lewis to run the team’s “full offensive package” this weekend. (Buffalo News)
- The Browns placed QB Brian Hoyer on season-ending injured reserve with a torn right ACL.
- QB Brian Hoyer will undergo ACL surgery on Friday, October 19. (Nate Ulrich)
- The Browns signed WR Charles Johnson off of the Packers’ practice squad.
- LB Vic So’oto was released with an injury settlement.
- RB Ryan Mathews is listed as probable for Week 6.
- OLB Jarret Johnson is listed as questionable for Week 6.
- ILB Donald Butler missed Saturday’s practice.
- RT D.J. Fluker and LT King Dunlap both practiced on Saturday.
- Chiefs placed rookie TE Travis Kelce on injured reserve.
- Chiefs signed S Bradley McDougald to their active roster.
- S LaRon Landry has been ruled out of Monday’s game. (Mike Garafolo)
- TE Dwayne Allen’s rehab following hip surgery is expected to keep him out for 3-4 months. (Mike Chappell)
- WR Dwayne Harris put in a limited practice on Friday’s.
- Rookie QB Matt Barkley mentioned that his right shoulder was still bothering him during the offseason. (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- TE Rob Gronkowski‘s return date is “mostly up to him” as the team has cleared him to play. (Boston Globe)
- Patriots sign DT Marcus Forston to their active roster.
- Patriots waived DT Andre Neblett.
- C Max Unger is expected to play on Sunday. (ESPN.com)
- Seahawks waived C Jason Spitz.
- Seahawks signed WR Bryan Walters to their active roster.
- RB Adrian Peterson is expected to play on Sunday, despite the horrible situation he and his family have been dealing with in recent days. (Josina Anderson)