Mike Wilkening of Pro Football Talk points out that four teams picked up additional 2016 draft picks during this past week’s NFL Draft.
- Eagles: 2016 third-round selection (from the Lions).
- 49ers: 2016 fifth-round selection (from the Chargers), 2016 sixth-round selection (from the Cowboys).
- Lions: 2016 fifth-round selection (from the Broncos).
- Redskins: 2016 sixth-round selection (from the Saints).
According to Dane Brugler of CBS Sports, 24 out of 84 underclassmen wound up going undrafted this year. The full list includes:
- SS Durell Eskridge, Syracuse
- CB Jacoby Glenn, UCF
- FS Chris Hackett, TCU
- WR DaVaris Daniels, Notre Dame
- RB Trey Williams, Texas A&M
- DE Deion Barnes, Penn State
- TE Jean Sifrin, Massachusetts
- DT David Irving, Iowa State
- WR Deontay Greenberry, Houston
- DT Ellis McCarthy, UCLA
- RB B.J. Catalon, TCU
- WR Chris Harper, California
- LB Max Flores, Northern Colorado
- RB Dee Hart, Colorado State
- RB Braylon Heard, Kentucky
- WR George Farmer, USC
- WR Nigel King, Kansas
- OT Patrick Miller, Auburn
- WR Zach D’Orazio, Akron
- WR Tacoi Sumler, Appalachian State
- OG Tyler Moore, Florida
- WR Jaquel Pitts, Trinity International
- LS Easton Wahlstrom, Arizona State
- OLB Darien Rankin, North Carolina
Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com takes a look at the team’s 2015 draft and what we can expect to see at the start of the season.
- According to Hobson, first-round pick OT Cedric Ogbuehi could begin the year on the physically unable to perform list, which would cost him the first six weeks of the season.
- Second-round selection, OT Jake Fisher could end up being the Bengals’ first player off the bench. Although, Hobson wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some looks at center.
- Hobson expects rookie LB Paul Dawson to get plenty of snaps and chances to play this season.