2016 Hall of Fame Class
- The Hall of Fame announced Wednesday that the senior nominees for the 2016 class will be former Raiders QB Ken Stabler and former Lions and Redskins OL Dick Stanfel.
- Both players must receive 80 percent of support from the Hall of Fame committee to gain entry into the Hall.
- Jason Cole of B/R, citing two sources, reports that the Bills believe they’ve dodged a “potential disaster” in regards to RB LeSean McCoy‘s hamstring injury.
- The initial belief was that McCoy was likely to miss a portion of the season, but it appears as though he just has a sprain.
- Buffalo plays to hold McCoy out of the remainder of the preseason to ensure that he has a chance to be ready for Week 1.
Robert Griffin III
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the Redskins plan to have QB Robert Griffin III play the entire 2015 season, even if he struggles to perform at a high level.
- Washington’s coaching staff and front office reportedly want a full season to evaluate him before they have to decide whether to keep him at his fifth-year option salary in 2016.
- A point of emphasis for RGIII will be his ability to read overages and make the right play.
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters that G Mike Iupati will undergo an MRI on his injured knee.
“I’m sending him to a doctor. I don’t know,” Arians said of Iupati injury, via AzCardinals.com. “He’s got a knee swelling a little bit.”
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Raiders WR Andre Holmes fractured his hand and is expected to be miss three-four weeks.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!