- 49ers sixth-round rookie QB Jeff Driskel said the team gave him “very little” attention during the pre-draft process and that he only spoke with San Francisco’s staff “just for a few minutes out at the combine,” per Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.
- Barrows reports that Colin Kaepernick (shoulder) resumed throwing in a limited session on Tuesday and that he is expected to be medically cleared him by the end of May or soon after.
- Nebraska OL Zach Sterup has been invited to the Browns minicamp next week if he doesn’t signed a deal with the Chiefs this week. (Brett Tessler)
- Buffalo CB Marqus Baker is attending the Buccaneers’ rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. (Greg Auman)
- Brad Biggs reports that the Eagles have requested permission to interview Bears’ college scouting director Joe Douglas for a vice president position that would oversee the team’s pro and college scouting departments.
- According to Biggs, the Bears are “bracing” for Douglas to take the job in Philadelphia.
- Jeff McLane reports that Steelers pro personnel coordinator Brandon Hunt, who previously interviewed for the Eagles’ job a few months ago, remains a candidate for the position.
- Howver, McLane adds that Douglas “interview” is believed to be a mere formality and barring unlikely change he will be the Eagles head of personnel.
- North Dakota State P Ben LeCompte is scheduled to tryout for the Vikings in two weeks. (Darren Wolfson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!