Home 49ers NFL Notes: 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, & Steelers
- 49ers GM Trent Baalke told reporters that OLB Ahmad Brooks returned to California this morning, and there has been no decision has been made on long-term future with the team. (Eric Branch)
- Bills HC Rex Ryan named EJ Manuel the starter for Saturday’s game against the Steelers.
- Adam Teicher believes former No. 1 overall pick LT Eric Fisher is the Chiefs’ “best shot” they have at possessing a premium left tackle.
- According to Teicher, it’s still too early to overreact about the Chiefs’ offensive line play.
- Teicher expects Fisher to start at left tackle and Ben Grubbs at left guard.
- Teicher would be “surprised” if Mitch Morse isn’t the starting center.
- In regards to the Chiefs’ reported interest in veteran G Evan Mathis, Teicher mentions that the
- Chiefs didn’t pursue him because they’re confident they would find the right combination of offensive line players.
- There’s no chance of backup QB Chase Daniel overtaking Alex Smith for the starting job.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters that there’s still no timetable for first-round WR Breshad Perriman to return. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh admitted that Perriman’s progress has been much slower than anybody expected. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin told reporters on Thursday that C Maurkice Pouncey has a chance to return in the second half of year after he heals from ankle surgery. (Jeremy Fowler)