- 49ers signed OLB Chase Thomas off of their practice squad.
- The Buccaneers are practicing directional and high-elevation punts to avoid Devin Hester‘s return ability in Week 10. (Pat Yasinskas)
- Pat Yasinskas of ESPN writes that RB Charles Sims could play for the first time this season in Week 10.
- Todd Archer of ESPN writes that the Cowboys “have been frustrated” by LB Bruce Carter‘s lack of consistency, and doesn’t expect him to be retained by Dallas this offseason.
- Todd Archer of ESPN expects for Dallas to draft a defensive lineman in the 2015 NFL Draft given that Henry Melton, Anthony Spencer, George Selvie and Nick Hayden could potentially become free agents.
- Todd Archer of ESPN does not expect the Cowboys to release RB Joseph Randle after he apologized to the team.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes the Jets could pursue Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as their next head coach should Rex Ryan be shown the door.
- Cimini adds that the Jets could also consider Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Jim Harbaugh and David Shaw as potential head coaching options.
- David Newton of ESPN believes that OC Mike Shula could be relieved of his duties this offseason given the Panthers poor offensive production this year.
- David Newton of ESPN.com gets the sense that WR Stephen Hill is frustrated with his position on the practice squad.