- Matt Maiocco reports that although the 49ers have spoken to free-agent CB Chris Cook about returning, they haven’t had any recent conversations with his representatives.
- Josh Weinfuss can’t see the Cardinals moving up from No. 24 overall in this year’s draft.
- In the end, Weinfuss expects Arizona to remain at No. 24 and target either a pass-rusher or a running back.
- Weinfuss seems to think the Cardinals could add a center, rather than go with one of A.Q. Shipley or Ted Larsen next year.
- Interestingly enough, Weinfuss can see the Cardinals parting with a high draft pick to get Adrian Peterson, but he admits any trade would almost certainly come down the Vikings asking price.
- ESPN’s Mike Wells considers it unlikely that the Colts will re-sign RB Ahmad Bradshaw in the coming weeks, and instead move forward with Frank Gore, Vick Ballard, Boom Herron and Zurlon Tipton.
- Wells still expects the Colts to add a few free agents in the coming week, given that they still have around $12 million or so in available cap space. However, he doesn’t offer any potential targets.
- The only “significant” move Wells can see Indy making would be adding DT Vince Wilfork.
- Nick Wagoner writes that the possibility remains veteran OT Jake Long could return to the Rams on a cheaper, short-term deal. However, Wagoner adds that this probably won’t happen any time soon.
- Wagoner suspects newly signed LB Akeem Ayers to play more than in just passing situations.
- Wagoner isn’t sold on the idea that the Rams are content with their current quarterback situation, and adds “just about anything is in play when it comes to quarterbacks.”
- According to Wagoner, “it’s all but certain” the Rams are going to exercise DT Michael Brocker’s fifth-year option before May.
- Adam Caplan mentions that the Raiders could get out of S Nate Allen‘s new two-year contract after one year, but he would make $7 million for the 2015 season.
- According to Caplan, Oakland has until have until three days after the Super Bowl to make a decision on Allen’s contract, as this is when $4.9 million of the deal becomes fully guaranteed.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!