Smith wound up agreeing to restructure his contract back in 2013, so even though the 49ers could pursue the remaining $2.1 million, it appears as though they would give Smith the money he’s owed.
- According to Mike Wells of ESPN, the new six-year, $96 million extension signed by Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill won’t have a major impact on negotiations between the Colts and QB Andrew Luck.
- Wells mentions that Luck is in a “different bracket” all together than Tannehill and there’s really no comparison between the two.
- Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer writes that Ryan Tannehill’s new contract extension likely sets the floor for negotiations between the Panthers and QB Cam Newton.
- However, Person doesn’t see Tannehill’s contract having much of an impact in talks with Newton beyond that.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that NFL asked Patriots to suspend the two locker room attendants prior to discipline being handed down and the team obliged with the NFL’s request.
- There was some question as to why the Patriots would suspend to two men if they were innocent.
- According to Schefter, commissioner Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft already have met, spoke and even hugged at the owners meeting, which implies there may not be as much bad blood between the two of them as expected.