“I wouldn’t use the word concerned,” Reid said, via ESPN.com. “I would say I understand that’s a possibility. And I’m completely fine with it. The things that I’ve done, I stand by, and I’ve done that for my own personal beliefs. Like I said, I’m fine with whatever outcome happens because of that.”
However, Reid admitted that it’s a possibility that protesting will impact the number of interested teams.
“It’s a possibility,” Reid said. “There are probably teams that won’t want to talk to me because of it. I’m hopeful that I will be on a team next year, but if not, again, that’s OK with me.”
- The Cowboys have downgraded WR Cole Beasley to out for Week 17 due to illness and is not traveling with the team to Philadelphia. (David Helman)
On Friday, Giants co-owner John Mara explained that they want an experienced head coach or someone who has been a coordinator for a “significant” period of time.
With this in mind, James Kratch of NJ.com narrowed the list of potential candidates down to 16 including:
- Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels
- Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz
- Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub
- Giants interim coach Steve Spagnuolo
- Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Smith
- Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin
- Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley
- Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia
- Redskins offensive line coach Bill Callahan
- Giants offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan
- Bears head coach John Fox
- Texans coach Bill O’Brien
- Stanford coach David Shaw
- Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly
- ESPN analyst Jon Gruden
- Alabama head coach Nick Saban
- Jordan Raanan hears that the Giants’ head coach position is coveted and mentions Dave Toub (Chiefs), Kirk Ferentz (Iowa) and Kyle Whittingham (Utah) as some names linked to the position.