The NFL released a memo to NFL owners on Monday about relocating to Los Angles.
During the past year, a group of owners has served in an advisory capacity regarding NFL activities in Los Angeles. That group consists of Clark Hunt, Robert Kraft, John Mara, Bob McNair, Jerry Richardson and Art Rooney. Commissioner Goodell has now formalized the role and designated these individuals as a Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities. The committee will evaluate the various stadium options available in Los Angeles, oversee the application of the relocation guidelines in the event that one or more clubs seek to move to Los Angeles, ensure proper coordination with other standing committees (including Broadcasting, CEC, Finance and Stadium), and confirm that all steps taken in Los Angeles are consistent with the Constitution and Bylaws and NFL policies. In particular, as has been discussed on numerous occasions and confirmed in various memoranda, any decision to resume NFL team operations in Los Angeles will require multiple approvals from NFL ownership, which can only be granted by a three-fourths vote of the clubs. These decisions include selection of a stadium site; approval of stadium lease and financing arrangements; and debt ceiling and sharing waivers (if needed); relocation consent and terms; and Super Bowl awards, among other subjects. A key role of this Special Committee will be to preserve the voting rights of the clubs on each of these important issues.
49ers and HC Jim Tomsula formally announced their 2015 coaching staff on Monday.
- Offensive staff: Geep Gilchryst (OC), Chris Foerester (OL), Ronald Curry (WRs), Adam Henry (WRs), Steven Logan (QBs), Tom Rathman (RBs), Tony Sparano (TEs), Eric Wolford (OL Assistant), and D.J. Bolden (Offensive Assistant).
- Defensive staff: Eric Mangini (DC), Scott Brown (DL), Tim Lewis (DBs), Clancy Pendergast (LBs), Jason Tarver (Senior Defensive Assistant/LBs), Ejiro Evero (Defensive Assistant), Aubrayo Franklin (Defensive Assistant), and Mick Lombardi (Defensive Assistant).
- Special Teams staff: Thomas McGaughey Jr. (Special Teams Coordinator), and Richard Hightower (Assistant Special Teams).
- Rich Cimini of ESPN mentions QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as a player the Jets may pursue if he is released from Buffalo due to his relationship with OC Chan Gailey.
- Cimini lists Brian Hoyer, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, and Mark Sanchez as possible free agent quarterbacks to keep an eye on.
- Aaron Wilson reports that C Jeremy Zuttah underwent surgery to clean up bone spurs in his hip, but is expected to participate during offseason practices and minicamps.