- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Bears decision to hire Clint Hurtt and keep him at outside linebackers coach could be seen as an indication that they will make the transition to a 3-4 defense next year.
- Jets named Brian Heimerdinger director of player personnel.
- The Jets announced the hiring of Kevin Patullo as their new QBs coach, Steve Marshall as the OL coach, and Marcel Shipp as the RBs coach
Panthers OLB Thomas Davis said that he is not considering retirement.
“That’s the way I’m looking at it,’’ Davis said, via ESPN.com. “I lost two and a half years to injuries, but I also feel I gained two and a half years. . . . This was my 10th year and I’m going on year 11, and I still feel I have a lot of football left in me.’’
- Panthers announced that senior offensive assistant John Ramsdell is retiring.
- Veteran DL Kevin Williams didn’t rule out the possibility of him retiring if the Seahawks end up winning the Super Bowl. (Chris Tomasson)
- Ian Rapoport mentions that the Seahawks began their predraft meetings on Tuesday.
- DT Brandon Mebane said that his surgery on his hamstring went well and expects to be back at full strength by April. (Bob Condotta)