- DT Geno Atkins returned to the practice field on Thursday, but took part in in position-specific exercises. (Coley Harvey)
- QB Cam Newton had an up-and-down practice on Thursday overthrowing receivers and looking good during the two-minute drills. (David Newton)
- Former undrafted free agent WR Brenton Bersin has come pretty far and opened as one of the team’s starting receivers on Thursday. (David Newton)
- The Panthers are looking for more leadership out of C Ryan Kalil. (David Newton)
- FB Mike Tolbert participated in kick-return drills, although his primary job is to be a blocker. (David Newton)
- RB Ray Rice “didn’t look sharp” on Thursday, which may have had something to do with his news conference. (Jamison Hensley)
- Second-round pick DE Stephen Tuitt is off to a strong start. (Scott Brown)
- Conversely, OT Mike Adams has struggled during the first week of camp. (Scott Brown)
- RB Miguel Maysonet received “extensive work” on Thursday. (Scott Brown)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!