- Coley Harvey considers G Kevin Zeitler to be a lock to have his fifth-year option picked up.
- Harvey mentions that it could still make sense for the Bengals to exercise CB Dre Kirkpatrick‘s option in the event he puts together a solid 2015 season.
- Harvey points out that QB Andy Dalton‘s contract becomes more manageable each year after the 2015 season, which would allow the Bengals to get rid of him without much of an issue should he disappoint.
- Veteran WR Greg Jennings is unlikely to be an option for Cincinnati, according to Harvey given that they’re unlikely to be in the market for a free agent receiver at this point.
- Harvey considers Jermaine Gresham to be the Bengals’ best option in regards to adding a tight end.
- Adam Teicher believes the Chiefs would probably be better off targeting a receiver in the draft than signing free agent WR Hakeem Nicks to a contract right now.
- Should the Chiefs pass on receivers in the draft, Teicher mentions that Nicks would at least be worth a look at that point.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston points out that the Patriots will only need to trim their roster down to 54 players coming out of the preseason, due to RB LeGarrette Blount’s one-game suspension.
- Reiss mentions that it would be a “major surprise” if the Patriots do not pick up the fifth-year options for DE Chandler Jones and LB Dont’a Hightower.
- In fact, Reiss mentions that it would make sense for New England to try to get one of Jones, Hightower and Jamie Collins under contract long-term in the coming months.
- The Patriots are expected to host Florida State G Tre Jackson and USC TE Randall Telfer for pre-draft visits.
- Mike Triplett points out that the Saints have never drafted a linebacker in the first two rounds in the Sean Payton era.
- However, Triplett seems to think that this will change in 2015, and can see the Saints taking at least one linebacker with one of their first three picks.
- Intriguing linebacker options for the Saints, according to Triplett include: Washington’s Shaq Thompson, UCLA’s Eric Kendricks, TCU’s Paul Dawson, Clemson’s Stephone Anthony, Mississippi State’s Benardrick McKinney and Miami’s Denzel Perryman.
- Triplett would be surprised to see New Orleans take Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory, Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham or Washington CB Marcus Peters if other teams pass on them.
- Due to the depth at receiver, Tania Ganguli of ESPN doesn’t see the Texans trading up to get a receiver like Louisville’s DeVante Parker.
- Ganguli would be “mildly surprised” to see the Texans draft a quarterback this year.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!