- Mike Rodak reports that Spencer Long‘s three-year contract with the Bills is really just a one-year deal with $1.2 million guaranteed. From there, Buffalo has team options for the two years of the agreement.
- Long will carry cap figures of $3.9375M (2019), $4.25M (2020) and $4.35M (2021), but he didn’t receive a signing bonus as part of the contract.
- Sal Capaccio of WGR550 takes a look at eight potential free-agent tight ends for the Buffalo Bills to consider this offseason.
- According to Nicki Jhabvala, the Broncos “checked in” on Eagles QB Nick Foles, but OC Rich Scangarello felt Joe Flacco was a better fit for his system.
- Jhabvala mentions that Broncos HC Vic Fangio “led the charge” for Flacco and got a deal done within 48 hours.
- Cecil Lammey of 1043TheFan confirms that the Broncos will allow C Matt Paradis to test the open market. Lammey reports that the Broncos like Paradis but do not want to pay “top dollar” for the veteran center, while Paradis won’t accept a “low-ball offer.”
- Mike Klis points out that Broncos G Ron Leary has $5.35 million of his $8.15 million salary next season guaranteed for injury. Leary suffered a torn Achilles last year and if he’s unable to pass a physical by March 17, which appears likely, his $5.35 million becomes fully guaranteed.
- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com writes that it’s hard to believe any team will be interested in trading for Case Keenum and his $18 million base salary.
Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston says he tried to focus on getting back to doing what he does best.
“I had to look at myself in the mirror and say, ‘Hey Jameis, what do you have to do?’ Jameis said, via JoeBucsFan.com. “And that was simply, ‘Get back to playing Jameis Winston football. Be yourself. Have that swag. Don’t try to be something that a coach is trying to get you to be.’ You know, you gotta go and be you.”
Winston later clarified that he wasn’t talking about not listening to coach, as the article implies.
I have the up most respect and very grateful for ALL my coaches. Looking in the mirror means focusing myself on how I can control what I can control. A football team is family no matter the circumstances!
— Jameis Winston (@Jaboowins) February 14, 2019