Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News takes a look at the Bills options when it comes to finding another quarterback this offseason.
- Free agents options for Buffalo include: Shaun Hill, Brian Hoyer, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, Christian Ponder, Mark Sanchez, and Michael Vick.
- According to Carucci, the Bills could look to the trade market and consider guys like: Kirk Cousins, Jay Cutler, Chase Daniel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Nick Foles, and Mike Glennon.
Giants MLB Jon Beason indicated after the season that he may be open to taking a pay cut to be back with the team in 2015.
“You’re going to do what is best for you and you try to work with the team and do what is best for the team,” Beason said, via Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. “I know when it comes down to it, [assistant general manager] Kevin [Abrams] and I and [GM] Jerry [Reese] will make it happen.”
- According to Raanan, Jameel McClain could an internal contingency plan for Giants if they decide to move on from Beason.
- Raanan adds that the Giants would likely consider using a draft on the position in this circumstance.
- According to Rich Cimini of ESPN New York, “there are indications the Jets will seek to upgrade at guard in free agency.“
- Cimini adds that if they do in fact sign someone in the coming weeks, it would likely signal the end of Willie Colon‘s time in New York. Although, there’s a chance that the Jets could treat Colon as a fallback option.
Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk writes that keeping the Patriots secondary intact could cost them a fortune.
Picking up CB Darrelle Revis‘ 2015 option would run them $25 million in terms of a cap hit, and franchising free agent S Devin McCourty adds another $9.6 million. This would be on top of CB Brandon Browner‘s $5.5 million salary, which means they could be looking at a total of $40 million or so for the unit.
This is, of course, assuming that they aren’t able to get long-term contracts in place with Revis and McCourty.