Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that the primary needs for the Broncos next year could be: offensive tackle, inside linebacker, safety, nose tackle, tight end, and left guard.
Klis adds that quarterback could also be a need depending on whether or not Peyton Manning is back next year.
Klis lists some poential free agents targets for the Broncos including: OT Bryan Bulaga, OT Derek Newton, S Devin McCourty, QB Mark Sanchez, TE Owen Daniels, DT Dan Williams, ILB Brandon Spikes, ILB Rolando McClain, and OL Clint Boling.
Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland offers five moves that would help to turn the Browns around next year.
- Re-sign QB Brian Hoyer
- Sign the No. 1 receiver in free agency
- Draft the best receiver available at No. 12 overall
- Draft the No. 1 defensive lineman available at No. 19 overall
- Trade QB Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys.
- Mickey Spagnola of DallasCowboys.com writes that the Cowboys have to decide by February 15 whether to exercise the three-year, $24 million option in DT Henry Melton‘s contract.
- Spagnola adds that RT Doug Free’s contract officially voids on the same day and will create $3.98 million in dead money.
- Dolphins LT Branden Albert said he’s hoping to be back for Week 1 next year, but he’s unsure if it’s really possible.
“I hope I’ll be able to play the first game; I just don’t know,” Albert said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “We’ll see.”