- Broncos first-round OLB Shane Ray (toe) will be held out of OTA practices this week. (Mike Klis)
- HC Gary Kubiak said Ray will start participating in individual drills next week. (Mike Klis)
- Vaughn McClure reports that Falcons CB Dezmen Southward underwent knee surgery on Wednesday.
- McClure mentions that Southward’s knee injury doesn’t appear to be serious, and the Falcons are hoping he’ll be back for training camp.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Giants got good news regarding DE Robert Ayers‘ leg injury.
- According to Garafolo, further testing revealed that Ayers has no major damage to his knee or ankle.
Veteran WR Santana Moss mentioned that he would still like to play another season in the NFL, but Redskins owner Dan Synder told him that he’ll have an opportunity with the team when he’s ready to call it a career.
“I went up there and met with Dan a little before the draft, and we just talked basically about life, football, everything,” Moss said during an interview with 106.7 The Fan, via the Washington Post. “Dan has always been special to me from Day One when I became a Redskin, and he knows how much I love him and I appreciate him. So we sat down and talked for hours, and he just told me, ‘I know that you want to play so I’m not sure how things are gonna go, but if you’re not a ‘Skin, whenever you’re done, I want you back here to retire and everything. And when you’re done with that, if you want to do something with the team, give me a holler.’ And I appreciate that, because I feel like my life has been around football for so long that it’s hard to just walk away, even when it’s time for me to walk away.”