- The Broncos officially ruled out OT Donald Stephenson for their Week 8 game. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos also list LB Todd Davis (ankle), WR Emmanuel Sanders (ankle), DE Derek Wolfe (foot, hand), TE Virgil Green as questionable. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Mike Kaye mentions that the Jaguars will officially receive a 2018 seventh-round pick from the Bengals in exchange for DE Chris Smith, who has reached the conditions of the trade.
Redskins LB Mason Foster posted a number of tweets Saturday morning expressing his frustration with the team’s recent decision to place him on injured reserve.
“I have played 3 weeks with a completely torn labrum,” Foster wrote. “Lay everything on the line for someone just to have that same person slap you in the face. Business is business tho right. They don’t care about us.”
Foster specifically mentioned that he was “done dirty” by Washington and former Redskins GM Scot McCloughan “wouldn’t have done me like that.”
However, Foster has since apologized for his tweets, saying that he was “being too emotional, being an idiot.”
“I was at that point where I was like, man . . . I don’t even know,” Foster tells Master Tesfatsion of the Washington Post. “I was just going through it. I was in that dark place. I just felt like it could’ve been avoided to something else. That’s why when we had the conversation today, it pretty much cleared up all the gray area and everything that was going on. Pretty much, both sides was cool with it. It’s all good. But before that, I was just being too emotional, being an idiot, tweeting out crazy stuff. I do that sometimes. You do that when you get mad or depressed. Bruce was cool. We sat down and talked about it, and everything is good.”
- Courtney Cronin of ESPN writes that even if Vikings WR Stefon Diggs (groin) returns for their Week 8 game, it’s unlikely he’ll be the same impact receiver he was to open the year. With this in mind, Cronin expects the Vikings to ease Diggs back into their offense over the next few weeks.
- According to Cronin, it’s unlikely the Vikings will continue to carry seven receivers on their active roster and she tosses out fifth-round WR Rodney Adams as the guy who could be the odd-man-out.