- Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters on Monday that he has “big plans” for WR Josh Gordon and plans to play him against the and “play him a lot.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Regarding Gordon being officially activated from the Commissioner’s Exempt List, Mary Kay Cabot writes that they will likely do so before they depart for Sunday’s game later on in the week.
- Jackson said they will weigh their options at kicker but noted that Zane Gonzalez managed bounced back from missed field goal and they plan to keep working him moving forward. (Nate Ulrich)
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano announced Monday that the hand injury sustained by CB Rashaan Melvin is “significant” and will keep him out indefinitely. (Kevin Bowen)
- Adam Schefter reports that Raiders WR Amari Cooper is not only in the concussion protocol but also sustained an ankle sprain during Sunday’s game against the Broncos.
- Schefter adds that in order for Cooper to play in the team’s Week 13 game against the Giants Cooper will have to clear the concussion protocol and recover from his sprained ankle.
- New Lions DE Dwight Freeney said the Seahawks told him they were hoping to re-sign him when they cut him loose last week. (Dave Birkett)
- Seattle told Freeney that they had injuries at linebacker that they needed the roster spot for so they waived him.
- Freeney said he was “completely surprised, jaw on the ground” by Seattle’s decision to cut him. (Dave Birkett)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll announced that rookie DL Malik McDowell won’t return this season. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, DE Cliff Avril will undergo surgery tomorrow. Carroll added that some players have come back from this surgery while others haven’t. Unfortunately, they don’t know what the future holds for Avril right now. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll confirmed that rookie RB Chris Carson could return from injured reserve this year: “I need to see his workouts and see what they’re saying about it, but the thought is he’s really ramping it up to see how hard he can go with the trainers and all of that, and then we’ll see. But there’s a chance in the next few weeks that he has a shot to come back.” (Pro Football Talk)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!