New Browns HC Hue Jackson confirmed that they’ll consider taking a quarterback at No. 2 overall in this year’s draft.
“If there is a quarterback at No. 2 that is a best fit for our team, we need to go get him,” Jackson said, via Bleacher Report SXM. “It’s my opinion we need a quarterback.”
- FootballScoop.com is reporting that 49ers receivers coach Adam Henry will join Ben McAdoo’s staff with the Giants.
Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune runs down the Vikings’ roster offering which players he can see returning in 2016 and who are likely on their way out.
- Vensel seems to think WR Mike Wallace will be “one and done” with the Vikings, as they’re unlikely to pay him the $11.5 million he’s due in 2016.
- Citing his lack of height, Vensel expects the Vikings to allow CB Josh Robinson to sign elsewhere during free agency.
- At linebacker, Vensel writes that veteran Chad Greenway‘s time in Minnesota could be over while Audie Cole appears to be done with the Vikings.
- Vensel can see the Vikings moving on from OL Mike Harris, S Robert Blanton, S Andrew Sendejo, NT Kenrick Ellis, DE Justin Trattou, LB Casey Matthews, and OLB Jason Trusnik in the coming months.