Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times takes a look at several situations that the Buccaneers must consider ahead of the NFL Combine including:
- Determining the market for free agents such as DL Jason Pierre-Paul, Ndamukong Suh, LB Carl Nassib, and WR Breshad Perriman.
- Gather information on the trade market for quarterbacks that could include Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Derek Carr.
- Stroud mentions Georgia’s Jake Fromm, Washington’s Jacob Eason, and Utah State’s Jordan Love as some quarterback prospects the Buccaneers may have interest in watching this week.
- Stroud lists South Carolina OLB Javon Kinlaw, LSU OLB K’Lavon Chaisson, Iowa OLB A.J. Epenesa, Alabama OT Jedrick Wills, Georgia LT Andrew Thomas as other players to watch in this year’s draft class for the Buccaneer.s
- NFL Network Analyst Daniel Jeremiah views Alabama OL Jedrick Wills as the “best fit” for the Arizona Cardinals in the 2020 NFL Draft, per Chase Goodbread.
- Jeremiah mentions that Wills would be a plug-in starter at tackle or guard for Arizona.
- Jamison Hensley notes that the league pushing back the tag deadline until March 12 is worth noting regarding LB Matt Judon‘s future, who is expected to be franchise tagged.
- Per CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, the new deal for Ravens DC Don Martindale averages $3.25 million per year.
- It makes Martindale one of the NFL’s highest-paid defensive coordinators, despite reports of the deal making him the top mark. (Jamison Hensley)