- Jenna Laine reports that discussions between the Buccaneers and free agent S Bradley McDougald are still happening and they haven’t closed the door on bringing him back.
- Laine points out that the Bucs currently have just three safeties on their roster and will need fourth.
A source tells more that “it’s optimistic” to suggest Romo’s status with the Cowboys will be determined in the next week.
Dallas still intends to release Romo with the post-June 1 designation if they can’t find a trade partner and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has informed Romo of this already.
New York was reportedly focused on retaining Hankins before the start of free agency and the defensive tackle market has been slow-moving since things got underway on Thursday, so a return to the Giants is at least a possibility.
We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- Thomas Bassinger reports that the Giants were a surprise team in the mix for WR DeSean Jackson before he signed with the Buccaneers.
- Dan Duggan confirms the report and adds that the Giants also kicked the tires on Terrelle Pryor before he agreed to a deal with the Redskins.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes that the recent five-year, $60 million contract that included $35 million guaranteed signed by Dolphins S Reshad Jones on Thursday likely “upped the ante a bit” for Seahawks S Kam Chancellor in terms of his asking price.
- Condotta mentions that there’s a case to be made that Chancellor deserves as much, if not more than what Jones got from the Dolphins and it’s likely that this will be the starting point for negotiations with the Seahawks.
- According to Chris Tomasson, the door isn’t closed for free agent RB Matt Asiata to return to the Vikings. However, Tomasson says that Asiata is looking at other teams and waiting for of some top running backs to sign.