- The Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL announced that they’ve signed former NFL RB/KR Joe McKnight and WR/KR Jacoby Ford to contracts on Friday.
- Matt Miller of B/R reports that while UCLA LB Myles Jack won’t be cleared to participate at the Combine, he’s expected to do everything at his March 15 pro day.
- An NFL GM tells Miller that Baylor WR Corey Coleman looks like “a more complete John Brown” and added that he expects Coleman to be a top-15 pick.
- Miller spoke to a team scout who believes Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler could be a similar player to Bills DT Marcell Dareus.
- According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com, Boise State DE Kamalei Correa and Illinois DE Jihad Ward are both considered “ascending players” heading into next week’s Combine.
- Another player on the rise, according to Brandt, is Minnesota CB Eric Murray while Baylor DE Shawn Oakman’s stock is apparently on the decline.
Eagles executive Howie Roseman made it clear that they want to re-sign DL Fletcher Cox.
“We want him here long-term. There’s no question. He knows that we feel that way, Roseman said, via PhillyMag.com. “…It’s just sometimes these things take longer because they are complicated when you’re not talking about one, two, three million dollar a year player, and then the dynamic of the years under contract and everything that goes into a negotiation. But there’s no question what type of player he is and what kind of person he is and how important he is to this team and how important it is for all of us to have him here going forward.”
- Titans new GM Jon Robinson said of their plans for free agency: “If we have the chance to get an impact player, we will go after him.” (Terry McCormick)
- Robinson said he’s not looking for “blue-light special or bargain-basement” options, but added that they want to find value and the right players. (Jim Wyatt)