- Greg Auman of The Athletic takes a look at some of the top free agents available this year that could the Buccaneers shoulder consider targeting including pass rushers such as Yannick Ngakoue, Leonard Williams, Shaq Lawson, Markus Golden, and Kamalei Correa.
- Other free agents worth targeting, according to Auman, include Teddy Bridgewater, Graham Glasgow, Eric Ebron, Karl Joseph, and Demarcus Robinson.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times takes a look at free agent defensive linemen Everson Griffen and Danny Shelton and whether they would be worth pursuing for the Seahawks this offseason.
- Griffen, who opted out of his contract with the Vikings, would be reunited with his former college coach during his time at USC Pete Carroll. Condotta mentions that Griffen would be an upgrade to Ezekial Ansah.
- With Jarran Reed and Al Woods set to become free agents, Condotta believes that Shelton, a former Washington University standout, would be a good option for Seattle’s defensive tackle position.
“When Vance is healthy, he’s a quality NFL starter,” Colbert said, via Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Nick Vannett is an unrestricted free agent and we hope we can find a way to keep Nick in the mix. And I think Zach will only get better. Zach got better and better as the year went on and did what he needed to do. He’s still someone we think can still be an NFL-caliber tight end.”
Colbert reiterated his confidence in McDonald’s production when able to remain healthy.
“Vance was not unlike some of the other guys who got nicked up and missed some time,” Colbert said. “When he’s healthy he’s been a productive NFL starter. When (players) are hurt and they can’t go, they can’t go. We never question that. Sometimes they play when they’re not 100%. In the course of an NFL season, a majority of NFL players aren’t 100%. But when he’s healthy, he’s a quality NFL starter.”