- Kent Somers mentions that it’s “possible but doubtful” G Evan Mathis will return from injured reserve later on in the year.
- Instead, Somers considers it “far more likely” either RB Chris Johnson or S Tyvon Branch will be activated from injured reserve.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Giants “never considered and are not considering any sort of internal discipline” for WR Odell Beckham Jr’s outbursts in recent weeks.
- Instead, La Canfora says that the Giants continue to support Beckham publically and privately.
- A team official tells La Canfora: “We would never bet against this kid. He knows he has our support and we all know what kind of player he is and what kind of person he is. He is not a problem child. He’s a very good kid who has a strong mentality who has made a few mistakes and he knows what he has to work on. All of the noise on this is coming from outside our building; this is not making a lot of noise within it.”
- Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that multiple people in Cam Newton‘s inner circle have asked him to play more carefully, now that he sustained a concussion during Week 5’s game that will force him to miss Monday’s matchup.
- Those close to Newton have urged him to get down, out of bounds or into the end zone quicker to hopefully prevent further injuries.
- Sources tell Jason La Canfora that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski had “by far his best week of practice” since returning from his hamstring injury. La Canfora says that Gronkowski is primed to be featured more prominently in the Patriots’ passing attack this weekend.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that Patriots RB Dion Lewis is working hard to get back from his second knee surgery and has been telling people he plans to be back with the team this year.