- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN mentions positions battles between Jerraud Powers and Justin Bethel for the right cornerback job and Bobby Massie and D.J. Humphries for the right tackle position as two to keep an eye on.
- Weinfuss puts the odds of first-round pick D.J. Humphries winning the starting right tackle job at “50-50” right now.
Danny O’Neil of 710 ESPN takes a look at five Seahawks players who are “x factors” for the team this season.
- O’Neil mentions that veteran CB Will Blackmon should get an opportunity to compete for the starting nickelback.
- O’Neil believes it would be a “huge surprise” if OLB Bruce Irvin is back with the team next year. According to O’Neil, it would be surprise if rookie WR Tyler Lockett did not secure the kick and punt return jobs this summer.
- Other x factors for the Seahawks, according to O’Neil, include RB Christine Michael and TE Jimmy Graham.
Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review takes a look at the Steelers roster and offers some players that could be on the roster bubble as they prepare for training camp.
Among the notable players that could be fighting for jobs this summer are: QB Landry Jones, WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, rookie TE Jesse James, DT Cam Thomas, rookie S Gerod Holliman and S Ross Ventrone.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!