- DE Corey Liuget sustained a concussion during Week 4, but was able to put in a limited practice on Wednesday. (Michael Gehlken)
- WR Michael Floyd did not practice on Wednesday due to an illness. (Michael Gehlken)
- Rookie CB Jason Verrett was limited in Wednesday’s practice and has “shown progress” in his rehab from a hamstring injury. (Michael Gehlken)
- ILB Donald Butler was limited in Wednesday’s practice due to a shoulder injury. (Michael Gehlken)
- ILB Manti Te’o has yet to practice after fracturing his foot in Week 3. (Michael Gehlken)
- Mathis’ base salary will be $3.5 million and includes escalators based on his sack total.
- The contract includes a $1.5 million roster bonus that will be paid out on the fifth day of the league year.
- For 10 sacks Mathis would receive an additional $250,000. For 11 sacks: $500,000. For 12 sacks: $1 million
- Mathis’ $3 million roster bonus at the beginning of the league year in 2015 has been converted to $3 million in per-game roster bonuses. This breaks down to: $1 million for one game on the 53-man roster and then $125,000 for each game on the roster after that.
- The Jets signed wide receivers T.J. Graham and Chris Owusu to identical two year contracts worth $1.23 million that include no guarantees. (Rich Cimini)
- The Jets signed FB John Conner to a one-year deal worth $730,000 and includes no guarantees. (Rich Cimini)
- WR David Nelson did not practice on Wednesday due to a “severe low-ankle sprain” and is expected to miss Week 5. (Rich Cimini)
- S Calvin Pryor was limited in Wednesday’s practice with a thigh injury, but “should be ready to go” for Week 5. (Rich Cimini)
- WR Aaron Dobson has reportedly been inactive for the past two games because he previously “mouthed off” to OC Josh McDaniels. (Shalise Manza Young)