- Adam Schefter reports that Chargers WR Keenan Allen suffered hip flexor injury during Sunday’s loss to the Packers, and will undergo further testing today.
- However, Schefter notes that Allen does not believe his hip injury is serious.
Ian Rapoport reports that doctors believe they’ve managed to save Giants TE Daniel Fells foot from the MRSA infection that he’s been battling for a few weeks now. Rapoport adds that Fells could return to home at some point this week.
- Jason Cole reports that several sports apparel companies are competing to create a special glove for DE Jason Pierre-Paul once he returns to the Giants. However, Nike is now among them.
- According to Adam Schefter, the Giants are “encouraged” about the chances of having both receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Rueben Randle, who are nursing hamstring injuries, available to Monday night’s game.
- Meanwhile, Jordan Raanan and Mark Eckel report that Beckham Jr. is expected to play in tonight’s game.
Radio host Dan Patrick, citing two sources “behind the scenes” at USC reports that the school has Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll is on their “short list” of coaching candidates.
“Pete Carroll is on that short list right now,” Patrick said, via Cork Gaines of Business Insider. “Not that Pete would leave Seattle. But the alumni are all in on trying to get Pete back … The people who help make decisions there, they think Pete Carroll is in play. This what I was told, before the loss [on Sunday], if it goes south in Seattle, they think there is a chance that Pete would listen to go back to USC.”
It would really be surprising to see Carroll return to USC after the success he’s had building the Seahawks into a solid and well respected franchise.
- Mark Kaboly of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review considers QB Ben Roethlisberger a “long shot” to return in time for Week 7’s game against the Chiefs.
- Instead, Kaboly believes a Week 8 return for their match up with the Bengals is a more realistic target for Roethlisberger.