- Adam Teicher of ESPN could see the Chiefs trading one of their safeties — Ron Parker, Tyvon Branch, Kelcie McCray, or Daniel Sorensen — if the “right” offer comes along.
- Teicher wouldn’t be surprised to see the Chiefs win the AFC West this season.
- Teicher believes that WR Adam Drake “has no chance” at making the active roster, but is a candidate for the practice squad.
- Mike Wells of ESPN expects DT Zach Kerr to be DT Arthur Jones‘ primary backup.
- First-round rookie WR Phillip Dorsett is currently listed as the team’s starting punt returner, while RB Daniel Herron will have first-team kick return duties.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN anticipates DT Michael Bennett to gain “significant” playing time while DT Sen’Derrick Marks recovers from a torn ACL.
- DiRocco writes that there is “no question” that RB Denard Robinson makes the active roster, due to the Jaguars’ desire to have a three-man rotation at running back with Robinson, Toby Gerhart, and second-round rookie RB T.J. Yeldon.
- DiRocco can’t see K Josh Scobee losing the starting kicker job to Jason Myers, unless he sustains an injury or has a bad preseason performance.
- The Jaguars are not believed to be shopping TE Marcedes Lewis, as he has received a large amount of action during training camp.
- DiRocco does not see quarterbacks Jeff Tuel or Stephen Morris making the active roster, instead being practice squad candidates.
- According to DiRocco, HC Gus Bradley could be on the hotseat with the Jaguars if they lose a large amount of games by 10 points or more. DiRocco believes that Jacksonville must be competitive for Bradley to have any job security.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes there is “no question” that CB Antonio Cromartie is past his prime, due to being beat deep “several times” during practice.
- Cimini believes the starting quarterback job is Ryan Fitzpatrick‘s “to lose“, and he should maintain the starting role as long as the Jets are performing well.
- There is currently no update regarding second-round rookie WR Devin Smith‘s injury.