Home Chiefs NFL Notes: Chiefs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets & Titans
- Adam Teicher of ESPN writes that “there is a good chance” WR Dwayne Bowe is in his final year with the Chiefs.
- Teicher believes the Cheifs should aggressively pursue an upgrade during the offseason.
- According to Teicher, OLB Tamba Hali could be a candidate for a pay cut next year, although he’s unlikely to be released.
- James Walker of ESPN writes that QB Ryan Tannehill‘s $15 million fifth-year option in 2016 could push the Dolphins to pursue a contract extension this offseason to avoid the high price tag.
- However, Walker mentions that things have “been quiet” regarding contract extensions between the Dolphins and some of their players.
- LB Philip Wheeler and LB Dannell Ellerbe could end up being cap casualties this offseason, according to Walker.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN believes Jacksonville will target an “elite pass-rusher” with their first round pick of the 2015 NFL Draft and look for an offensive lineman in the middle to later rounds.
- DiRocco adds that OC Jed Fisch’s job is believed to be safe despite the Jaguars poor record.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN views Alabama WR Amari Cooper as a “distinct possibility” for the Jets’ first round pick.
- Cimini expects the Jets to pursue Jim Harbaugh this offseason and possibly offer him some say in personnel decisions.
- Cimini guarantees that DE Muhammad Wilkerson “isn’t going anywhere.”
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN envisions the Titans drafting an outside linebacker with their first round pick next year.
- Kuharsky mentions practice squad receivers Derek Moye and Rico Richardson could be added to their active roster due to Tennessee having just three healthy receivers for Week 14.