- Pro Football Talk expects the Chiefs to cut S Eric Berry now that they’ve added S Tyrann Mathieu to another large deal. Berry has $7.25 million in base salary that becomes guaranteed on March 15.
- Cutting Berry without a June 1 designation would result in a $14.95 million cap hit, while a post-June 1 designation is only a $6.95 million hit in 2019.
- According to Chris Tomasson, the Chiefs are interested in free agent OL Brett Jones.
After signing with the Denver Broncos on a three-year, $33 million contract, former Texans CB Kareem Jackson says Houston never even gave him an offer.
“They didn’t even approach me with an offer or any type of deal,” Jackson said via NFL Media’s Kevin Patra. “Obviously, they didn’t want me back or whatever the case may be. I’m not really sure. My agent was never approached by anybody from the Texans organization, so I wasn’t offered a deal of any sort. I kind of feel a little disrespected to be honest about it. At the end of the day, no hard feelings. I had a great nine years here. This will always be home for me. I definitely appreciate all the memories and all the opportunities. I appreciate the fans and everything I was able to build here. I’ll always have love for Houston.”
- After signing S Tashaun Gipson and CB Bradley Roby, the Texans aren’t done adding to their secondary and will look to add another cornerback, per the Houston Chronicle’s John McClain.
- Per Chris Tomasson, the Vikings don’t plan on tendering exclusive rights free agent OL Cedrick Lang, who spent 2018 on injured reserve.
- The Vikings are interested in bringing back OL Brett Jones, though even his $2.9 million salary in 2018 might be too much. The Chiefs and Eagles are also reportedly interested. (Tomasson)