On Thursday, 49ers owner Jed York told reporters that while it’s difficult for him to say free agent QB Colin Kaepernick is being treated fairly by the NFL, he doesn’t believe he’s being blackballed by NFL teams.
“It’s very difficult for me to say that, with Colin being here for a long period of time. Obviously, there’s the lawsuit that’s going on, so it’s hard for me to get into any details or really share my opinion,” York said, via Pro Football Talk. “But I don’t believe that there’s base to that claim that he’s being blackballed.”
Kaepernick has filed a grievance against NFL owners for collusion (NFLTR) and is reportedly hoping to trigger termination of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said Friday that he’s “pretty confident” LB Reuben Foster will be available for Sunday’s game: “As long as there aren’t any setbacks here in the next 48 hours, I feel pretty confident.”
- The 49ers have LB Ray-Ray Armstrong (shoulder), LB Brock Coyle (shoulder), LB Reuben Foster (ankle), and LB Dekoda Watson (groin) all listed as questionable.
- San Francisco also ruled out FB Kyle Juszczyk (back) and DE Aaron Lynch (calf)
“He’s one of the best players in this league. I’m not a dirty player … we don’t preach that around here,” Barr added.
“It’s unfortunate, I hate to see anybody get hurt. I know how hard he works each week to prepare to be able to play. It’s a gift and a privilege to be able to play on the field each week, so I would never try and take that away from anybody, let alone one of the best players in our game,” Barr said. “I think it’s a dirty play in some people’s eye because of the injury. I think if he gets up, then we’re not having this conversation.”
For what it’s worth, Barr was not fined for the hit on Rodgers.
- The Packers officially ruled out QB Aaron Rodgers, S Morgan Burnett, OLB Ahmad Brooks and ILB Joe Thomas for Week 7’s game against the Saints.
- Green Bay also has G Lane Taylor listed as doubtful and CB Davon House, C Corey Linsley and CB Damarious Randall as questionable for Sunday.