- Mike Wells of ESPN expects CB Greg Toler back with the Colts, but there’s a chance that S LaRon Landry could be on the outs in Indy.
- According to Wells, the Colts top-three needs are: running back, pass rusher and safety.
- Wells points out that CFL additions OL Ben Heenan and WR Duron Carter aren’t guaranteed starting spots with the Colts.
- Wells has spoken to a source close to WR Reggie Wayne who said the veteran receiver has yet to make up his mind on his future.
- Dan Graziano considers DE Jason Pierre-Paul “the only real candidate” for the Giants franchise tag.
- Graziano believes the Giants would like to have S Antrel Rolle back next year, they’re unlikely to pay him a lot in terms of salary.
- Graziano could see the Giants parting ways with HC Tom Coughlin, but GM Jerry Reese is “absolutely not in danger of losing his job.“
- Grazinao expects the Giant to lock up QB Eli Manning to an extension that will allow him to finish out his career with the team.
Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald takes a look at the offseason priorities for the Patriots.
- At the top of Howe’s list is CB Darrelle Revis, who Howe believes could settle for a deal that includes $12 million per year.
- Barring an agreement on a long-term contract, Howe expects the Patriots to use their franchise tag on S Devin McCourty and continue negotiations from there.
- Howe writes that ILB Jerrod Mayo “might have no choice but to take a pay cut if he wants to stay” in New England.
- Interestingly enough, Howe believes the Patriots could gamble on K Stephen Gostkowski and allow him to test the open market.