- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald mentions that it’s a “near certainty” that the Dolphins will extend WR Jarvis Landry this offseason. However, Salguero adds that negotiations between the two parties will have to be good for them to make it work.
- Dolphins free agent WR Kenny Stills said he’s hopeful to return to Miami next season. (James Walker)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins are expected to release DE Mario Williams and LB Koa Misi, which will free up $12.6 million in available cap space for next year.
- Also, if Miami waives former first-round DE Dion Jordan, they could pick up another $3.2 million to work with.
- One other possibility, according to Jackson, would be for the Dolphins to part ways with DT Earl Mitchell and take the $4 million of cap savings.
- Mike Silver mentions that while there’s talk that Buccaneers DC Mike Smith is the favorite to be hired by the Jaguars, he’s not counting out interim HC Doug Marrone being hired by Jacksonville.
- Keep up with the latest regarding the Jaguars’ head-coaching search here: (NFLTR)
- Jason La Canfora reports that it sounds like Packers RB Ty Montgomery has received good news regarding his ankle injury.
- As for WR Jordy Nelson, La Canfora says that the Packers are not as optimistic about his status after he sustained a rib injury on Sunday.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he is no longer is wearing the walking boot he had on after Sunday’s game because it’s no longer necessary. (Ron Cook)
- Roethlisberger said of the MRI results on his foot: “It showed I aggravated an old foot fracture but nothing severe. I should be good to go [Sunday against KC].” (Ron Cook)