- Tony Pauline reports that LSU OT La’el Collins met with the Giants and Browns Thursday, and the 49ers and Saints today.
- LSU S Ronald Martin worked out for the Patriots on Thursday.
- Bills GM Doug Whaley told Mike Rodak that they plan to be the “Green Bay Packers of free agency” next year, as their focus is on re-signing LB Nigel Bradham, DT Marcell Dareus, OT Cordy Glenn, and CB Stephon Gilmore.
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians explained his decision to hold Logan Thomas out of the season finale against the 49ers.
“We drafted him for two years from now, not November,” Arians said, via AzCardinals.com. “It just so happened his number got called (earlier.) I was not going to let him fail (in San Francisco) because once you fail those scars never go away.
“It’s very hard to get the guys back in the locker room if you cost them the playoffs. I just wasn’t going to put him in that situation. Right or wrong, it just was my decision.”
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com has a great article up that explores the idea of the Cowboys pursuing RB Adrian Peterson.
- While Peterson would be a clear upgrade for Dallas, Fitzgerald writes that they’re probably better off staying the course and looking for someone else at running back, given the cap ramifications from bringing him in.
Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie says that they haven’t given up on the possibility of signing free agent TE Jermaine Gresham.
“He’s still on my board,” said McKenzie, via Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com. “We’ll see how he feels and how he rehabs and all that. Going forward, it will be more about how he wants to navigate through this.”