A linebackers coach for a Power Five team tells Lance Zierlein of NFL.com that Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is “bar none” the best player in the country right now.
“Lamar Jackson is the best player in the country, bar none,” the coach said. “People can try to pick at him if they want, but let them try to stop him and then get back with me and tell me what you think. I would much rather go against guys like (Miami’s Brad) Kaaya, (Clemson’s Deshaun) Watson or one of those other guys over having to deal with Jackson.”
- Joel Corry points out that the Cardinals will need to make a quick decision regarding QB Carson Palmer, as $15.5 million of his 2017 base salary is fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the waiver period.
- According to Corry, parting ways with Palmer next year would create $13.25 million of dead money as opposed to keeping him at a cap charge of $24.125 million.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Packers claimed RB Christine Michael off of waivers on Wednesday because RB Don Jackson sustained a knee injury during today’s practice.
- The Saints ruled out LT Terron Armstead (quad, knee) for Thursday night’s game against the Panthers.
- Saints CB Delvin Breaux is officially questionable, as he’s dealing with some leg pain. (Ian Rapoport)
- Steelers OLB Jarvis Jones confirmed that veteran OLB James Harrison is replacing him in the starting lineup. (Mark Kaboly)