Tony Pauline reports that the Cowboys were the team that flagged Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray as needing foot surgery. However, not all teams are convinced the procedure is needed.
Chris Mortensen reports that some teams still believe surgery is necessary for Ray, even though it was not recommended by a specialist.
- Dane Brugler mentions that several teams have a second-round grade on Arizona State S Damarious Randall, but with several players receiving a second-round grade, some of these guys will go late in round one this year.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Florida LB Neiron Ball has visited with the Patriots, Buccaneers, Broncos, and Texans while working out for the Falcons, Rams, Steelers, and Cardinals.
- The Dolphins will workout Pittsburgh OT T.J. Clemmings on Friday. (Tom Pelissero)
- Falcons hosted Indiana RB Tevin Coleman for a visit on Wednesday, according to Vaughn McClure.
Jason Cole reports that the Saints are clearly looking to transition away from QB Drew Brees in the next three or four years.
Cole mentions that the Saints appear to be interested in Baylor QB Bryce Petty and Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson. Cole expects the Saints to grab a quarterback in the middle rounds of the draft and begin the process of developing a long-term replacement to Brees.
According to Cole, the Saints are likely to pass on Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory and Washington CB Marcus Peters.
- Katherine Terrell reports that Florida RB Matt Jones recently visited with the Saints.