- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, over a dozen teams attended USC’s Pro Day, including Redskins GM Bruce Allen, to observe RB Ronald Jones II and WR Deontay Burnett.
- In addition to the Redskins, Pauline was told that the Eagles, Giants, Patriots, Browns, and Lions also attended.
- USC WR Deontay Burnett has met with the Saints and Falcons, according to Pauline.
- According to Jordan Schultz, Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph, Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta, and Washington State QB Luke Falk have a “slew of potential suitors” after improving their draft stocks this offseason. Regarding Rudolph, Schultz is told that the Oklahoma State product’s value has risen the most and could be drafted by the Bills at No. 12 or 22 overall, the Cardinals at No. 15 or the Chargers at No. 17.
When asked about drafting a defensive tackle, Falcons HC Dan Quinn said there are a “number of guys” that fit into the team’s defensive system.
“When I keep going down the list and I keep going, there are a number of guys, that I said hey, this guy looks like he’s got a number of the traits, that he’s ready to help right now,” Quinn said, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I’m not saying he’s not going to develop, but the skill set is there to say in our system this is how we see him playing. There were a number of guys that fit that bill.”
Ledbetter mentions that the Falcons have already met with several first-round defensive tackle prospects, including Washington’s Vita Vea, Alabama’s Da’Ron Payne, and NC State’s B.J. Hill.
Quinn added that there are some inside linebacker prospects that have “jumped out” to him.
“At inside linebacker, there have been some guys that have jumped out to me there,” Quinn said.
- According to Matt Miller of B/R, NC State DT B.J. Hill is working out in front of a contingent from the Falcons, including HC Dan Quinn, GM Thomas Dimitroff, and executive Scott Pioli.
- While the Jets have spent “a lot of time” with Wyoming QB Josh Allen, Rich Cimini of ESPN admits that it’s somewhat unusual that they haven’t brought him in a for a pre-draft visit.
- The Jets recently hosted free agent DT Johnathan Hankins for a visit (NFLTR), but Cimini doesn’t think he’s a good fit to play defensive end for them.
- Cimini expects the Jets to try to find a defensive end in the draft or maybe someone who’s released after the draft, but he expects them to take a committee approach at defensive end this season.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!