- Boston College DE Harold Landry told reporters that he spent a couple hours Wednesday morning watching tape with Patriots DL coach Brendan Daly. (Albert Breer)
- Tulane Coach Willie Fritz said that the Patriots are visiting DE Ade Aruna ahead of the NFL Draft. (WWL Radio)
- Oklahoma WR Jeff Badet is working out for the Dolphins, Browns and Jets privately this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Pittsburgh OL Brian O’Neill said Wednesday that he has a meeting set up with Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak next week. (Mark Kaboly)
- East Carolina WR Davon Grayson is working out and meeting privately with the Cardinals, Lions, Cowboys, and Chargers. (Aaron Wilson)
- Limestone WR Vyncint Smith will work out for the Cowboys privately next week and he has already met with Patriots HC Bill Belichick at South Carolina’s Pro Day. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Saints have a private visit scheduled with South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst for next week. (Josh Katzenstein)
- Rob Demovsky reports that WR Jordy Nelson‘s two-year deal with the Raiders is worth a total of $14.2 million and includes $13M guaranteed.
- Nelson will make a $3.4 million base salary in 2018 to go along with a $3 million roster bonus, $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and $100,000 workout bonus.
- In 2019, Nelson will have a $3 million base salary, a $3.6 million roster bonus, $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and $100,000 workout bonuses.
Ravens GM in-waiting Eric DeCosta says both he and the organization are prepared for him to replace long-time GM Ozzie Newsome in 2019.
“I’ll be ready. I think our organization will be ready,” DeCosta said, via ESPN.com. “I just hope that I can do a good enough job that the organization’s faith in me will be rewarded.”
Regarding the transition, DeCosta doesn’t foresee it being awkward for the team’s front office.
“I think it’s going to be pretty easy, at least for me,” DeCosta said. “Ozzie and I have a great relationship. People who know us, I think they know how close we are. I think a lot of times maybe people in other organizations and other businesses maybe they would struggle with these types of situations. But not me. Not Ozzie.”
- As for the possibility of drafting a quarterback, DeCosta said: “If we really like the guy and he’s there, it’s not soon enough.”