Albert Breer hears that the Jets want to trade down from No. 3 overall and the Raiders and Buccaneers are also “very open” to trading back if possible.
- Adam Schefter reports that Kentucky DE/OLB Josh Allen is wrapping up his two-day private visit today with the 49ers on Wednesday. From there, Allen will visit with the Lions, and then meet with the Bengals, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Bills, Giants, Jets and Raiders.
- Rutgers CB Blessuan Austin had another workout attended by the Giants, Seahawks, 49ers and Chargers. (Tony Pauline)
- Washington State RB James Williams met with the Saints and Bills before his pro day. (Omar Ruiz)
- Texas A&M DT Kingsley Keke will visit with the Texans, Patriots, Lions, Cowboys and Broncos and has private workouts with the Bills, Saints and Titans. (Aaron Wilson)
Former Texans S Andre Hal said his father passing away in October influenced his decision to retire this offseason.
“I had been thinking about it and how my dad first put the ball in my hands when I was growing up,” Hal said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “When he passed, the love for football passed with him. Going through that experience and the cancer experience, I had some time to think about it. I had to make sure I was making the right decision.”
Hal added that he is comfortable with his decision and did not want to continue playing since he no longer loved football.
“I feel good about my decision. I didn’t want to play the game and not love it. You have to love the game to play at a high level. I didn’t want to not be at my best for me, for my teammates, for my coaches. I couldn’t do that. I can’t just be collecting a check. I’m not that type of guy.”
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien tells
Adam Schefter that the Texans “feel really good about where Will [Fuller] is right now” coming off a torn ACL and there’s a chance that he could be ready by training camp. (Sarah Barshop)
- Tulane CB Donnie Lewis Jr. is visiting the Texans on Thursday. (Josh Norris)
- Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson to visit the Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Texans have invited Texas A&M DE Landis Durham, Texas A&M NT Daylon Mack, Houston CB Alex Myres and Alabama-Birmingham S Broderick Thomas to their local prospects day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Kansas State running back Alex Barnes has a private workout with the Titans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Alabama State OL Tytus Howard is visiting the Titans on Thursday. (Josh Norris)