Rich Cimini of ESPN.com writes that Drew Brees could be an “intriguing option” for the Jets in the event he becomes available next year.
- Cimini mentions that adding Brees to the Jets’ win-now roster “wouldn’t be the worst idea, as long as he’s healthy.“
- Cimini adds that Brees could be a one- or two-year bridge to first-year QB Bryce Petty.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is in line to be a free agent and Cimini mentions that Geno Smith will never be the long-term answer for the Jets, which means this is at the very least an idea to keep an eye on.
- Bills HC Rex Ryan said that WR Sammy Watkins is going to be out with the calf injury referred to this issue as a “big concern.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- Browns CB Joe Haden said that he sustained a rib injury on the first play of Sunday’s 27-20 loss to the Raiders. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Haden underwent X-rays that came back negative, but will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of the injury. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- According to the San Deigo Union-Tribune, Chargers G D.J. Fluker “barely could walk” following Sunday’s loss to the Vikings. (Union-Tribune San Diego)
- G Orlando Franklin was carted off with a right ankle injury. However, X-rays showed he doesn’t have a fracture, but will undergo an MRI on Monday to evaluate the severity further. (Union-Tribune San Diego)
- LT King Dunlap sustained a concussion in Sunday’s game. (Union-Tribune San Diego)