- Eagles executive Howie Roseman said he expects the Eagles to be “a player” in free agency, despite having just $12.5 million in available cap space. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Although Roseman believes impending free agent DT Bennie Logan has been a “great player” for the Eagles, he would not commit to re-signing him. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson confirmed that RB Darren Sproles will be back next season. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Pederson said he “expects” C Jason Kelce to remain with the Eagles in 2017, despite previous reports that he could be a possible release candidate. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo said the team would only be interested in signing a veteran running back to pair with Paul Perkins if that player fits the scheme they want to run. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- According to McAdoo, the Giants will “take a look” at RB Adrian Peterson this offseason, but he would not commit to the team having any “real interest.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said he would “love” to re-sign impending free agent RB Eddie Lacy and that he is rehabbing from ankle surgery he had in November: “Love to have Eddie back. He’s in Alabama doing his rehab.” (Pete Dougherty)
- Ian Rapoport, citing a source familiar with Lacy’s injury, reports that the running back “should” be healthy in time for OTAs.
- McCarthy also said that he is hopeful that they’ll be able to get an extension worked out with OLB Nick Perry: “I have a lot of love for Nick Perry and what he worked through. Hoping to get a contract worked out with him.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- McCarthy added that LB Clay Matthews will move around to play multiple linebacker spots in 2017: “Clay Matthews will play inside. He’ll play outside. He’ll move around. We need to take advantage of his skill set.” (Wes Hodkiewicz.
- When asked who will play right guard if T.J. Lang departs through free agency, McCarthy said he’s “counting on” Lang returning: “Those are hypotheticals. I’m counting on T.J. to come back,” via Jason Wilde.
Panthers WRs coach Lance Taylor said he would like to have impending free agent WR Tedd Ginn Jr. back next year due to his speed and complements their other receivers.
“Yeah, we’d love to have Ted back,” Taylor said, via ESPN.com. “He’s a key piece to what we want to do. [With his] speed, he’s a great complement to the other two big receivers we have.”
- Regarding meeting with Victor Cruz, Panthers GM Dave Gettleman said they ‘ll continue to discuss the possibility of signing him: “Obviously I’ve got a history with Victor. We just shared ideas, wanted to get a physical on him and have him sit with the coaches. We’re just gonna continue to discuss it,” via Paul Schwartz.
- Gettleman also admitted that the team would like to re-sign Ginn: “We want Ted (Ginn) back. It’s just a matter of getting there. Contracts get done when they’re supposed to get done.” (Black & Blue Review)
- Gettleman went on to say that he would like to re-sign free agent DE Charles Johnson. (David Newton)
- Regarding re-signing DT Kawann Short, Gettleman said that negotiations have gone well up to this point. (Joe Person)