- Ralph Vacchiano does not view CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie‘s $8.5 million cap number as a “luxury” for the Giants since they are set to have around $40 million in available cap space this offseason.
- In addition, Vacchiano does not think New York would choose to release Rodgers-Cromartie since it would only create $4.5 million in cap space, while the other $4 million would become dead money. However, a restructured deal for Rodgers-Cromartie could be an option.
- According to Mike Reiss, Chip Kelly was at the Patriots’ Thursday practice, which comes after the report that Kelly was meeting with New England this week.
- Reiss says that it wouldn’t be a surprise if the ankle injury TE Martellus Bennett has been playing through requires surgery during the offseason.
- Larry Holder of the Times-Picayune considers signing a defensive end to play opposite of Cameron Jordan to be one of the Saints’ largest needs this offseason.
- Although Holder says the Saints could re-sign veteran DEs Paul Kruger and Darryl Tapp, he does not view them as solutions for the team.
- Holder also mentions that New Orleans must address the cornerback and middle linebacker positions, while a defensive tackle could be required if DT Nick Fairley tests the open market.
- Holder believes the Saints should also consider bringing in an offensive guard through the draft or free agency since it’s not a given that G Jahri Evans will re-sign, while Andrus Peat is not a natural guard.
- As for other positions that could be addressed during the 2017 NFL Draft, Holder could see the Saints selecting a quarterback and a return specialist.
- Holder expects the Saints to take advantage of WR Willie Sneads‘ one-year exclusive rights option at a cheaper price instead of signing him to a more lucrative long-term deal.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!