An NFL GM tells Jarrett Bell of USA Today that everything is in a “holding pattern” right now in regards to Ohio State CB Gareon Conley following the recent rape allegations made against him.
“It puts everything into a holding pattern,” the GM said. “You try not to be surprised by anything. But things keep coming along.”
- Albert Breer reports that Conley has spent the past 24 hours speaking with NFL coaches and GMs.
- According to Breer, NFL teams are also speaking with witnesses regarding what took place.
- Breer adds that there’s a collective scramble for info regarding Conley and this situation.
- The expectation is that police won’t make a decision regarding Conley’s case in the next 33 hours or so, which means this situation will very likely impact his draft status, per Breer.
- UNC QB Mitch Trubisky tells Brad Biggs that he was surprised the Bears didn’t put him through a pre-draft workout or bring him in for a visit.
- Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer said he made two separate visits to Halas Hall. (Brad Biggs)
- Stanford DL Solomon Thomas made a pre-draft visit to Halas Hall and Bears DC Vic Fangio attended his pro day workout. (Brad Biggs)
- Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore confirmed that he took a pre-draft visit to Halas Hall, but did not have a private workout for the Bears. (Brad Biggs)
- Bears GM Ryan Pace told reporters Wednesday that “everything is on the table” in regards to trades right now. (John Mullin)
- In regards to their No. 3 overall pick, Pace said: “We have three names right now that we like.” (Zach Zaidman)
- Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk told reporters that the Giants expressed interest in him and he previously met with New York and was impressed by their coaches. (Bob Glauber)
- Alabama OT Cam Robinson mentioned that didn’t get to make his visit with the Giants and only limited interaction with them. (James Kratch)
- Utah OT Garett Bolles confirmed that he visited with the Giants. (Bob Glauber)