“I’m working to get the Greg Hardy name back in good standings, and for redemption,” Hardy said. “An apologetic, happy comeback. Get to the Hall of Fame.”
Hardy still doesn’t feel like the NFL’s conclusion that he violated the Personal Conduct Policy by using physical force against former girlfriend was accurate.
“Guilty? I mean, the United States of America said I wasn’t,” Hardy said. “But apologetic, most definitely. I’m sorry for anything I did wrong. I never wanted to do anything wrong.”
Hardy explained that he’s trying to change the public perception of himself and show people he’s not a “f–king psychopath.”
“I’m kind of on the black side of things right now, with the perception of my persona,” he says now. “It’s hard to fight the fans. You can’t be right about somebody if you don’t know them—that’s just a basic common decency fact. But nobody wants to attest to that, so I have to show that Greg Hardy is not a f–king psychopath. And I say f–king because it’s that extreme. I want people to see that, instead of reading and believing the latest stories.”
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco said Chargers WR Keenan Allen is “getting close to being ready to go” from last year’s ACL injury. (Alex Marvez)
- Telesco added that the team considered drafting a quarterback but they could not find a match: “We were prepared if a situation presented itself but just didn’t quite line up.” (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said they received calls from teams interested in trading up to No. 4 overall pick, presumably for a quarterback.
- Caldwell added that second-round pick Cam Robinson will compete with Branden Albert for the starting left tackle role once Albert reports to training camp. (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- Raiders first-round CB Gareon Conley’s lawyer said his client had a “consensual sexual event” with the woman who accused him of assault, according to Jason Cole of B/R.
- Though no charges have been filed, Cole added that Conley’s lawyer’s statement is counter to the claims of witnesses, who said “nothing happened.”
- Conley reportedly admitted in a lie detector test that something of sexual nature happened between the two, but that it was consensual.
- Raiders second-round S Obi Melifonwu mentioned that he had only met with them while at the NFL Combine and never spoke to them afterward. (SiriusXM NFL Radio)