Jacksonville senior vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin stuck by the Jaguars’ decision to extend QB Blake Bortles last year.
“It was the right thing to do,” Coughlin said, via Pro Football Talk. “The guy took us to the AFC Championship Game, and there wouldn’t have been anybody that would have disputed the fact that he deserved the opportunity and we played well behind him.”
Teddy Bridgewater said playing for the Saints last year “made playing football fun” and his time in New Orleans was positive enough that he wanted to be back.
“I told my agents every time that I talked to them that I haven’t stopped smiling since I arrived,” Bridgewater during an interview with WWL Radio, via ESPN.com.
“They made playing football fun, they made learning the game fun … and that’s something I appreciate. I was able to be part of that for 18 weeks last season, and it was nothing but positive things that occurred.”
- Bridgewater said he did not consider the long-term future of HC Sean Payton when he chose the Saints over the Dolphins. (Johnson)
- According to Josh Katzenstein, no deal is considered imminent between the Saints free agent DE Ezekiel Ansah or any other teams for that matter. Katzenstein says that teams want to evaluate his shoulder injury that limited him last season.
- Titans GM Jon Robinson told reporters on Friday that newly acquired QB Ryan Tannehill is coming in to back up starting Marcus Mariota. (Jim Wyatt)
- According to Robinson, they tried to get something worked out with G Josh Kline, but it didn’t happen and they elected to release him. Tennessee will consider options in both free agency and the draft. (Jim Wyatt)
- According to Paul Kuharsky, the Titans have moved on completely from G Quinton Spain.