Albert Breer of the NFL Network has spoken with NFL scouts who believe FSU QB Jameis Winston has “some serious issues” that could impact his draft status should he come out next year.
“It’ll hurt him significantly,” an area scout assigned to Florida State tells Breer. “Especially with all the stuff going on in the league. This may force him to stay another year to clean up his image. He’s a fraud. You can’t believe anything he says, because he keeps doing the same things over and over. In my mind, there are night-and-day differences between (Johnny) Manziel’s and his character concerns. Winston has some serious issues.”
Breer adds that the people he’s spoke to believe Winston’s image is “manufactured.”
Mel Kiper of ESPN dropped Winston in his most recent rankings down to No. 25 overall due to the same concerns and added that there is a chance he could fall out of the first-round if things remain the same.
- TEs Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald remain questionable for Sunday’s game against the Cardinals. (Matt Maiocco)
- TE Derek Carrier is expected to start tomorrow’s game. (Matt Maiocco)
- WR Hakeem Nicks (illness) is listed as questionable for Week 3.
- The Colts will start A.Q. Shipley at center in Week 3 against the Jaguars.
- WR Julian Edelman is officially questionable for Week, but the expectation is that he plays. (Jason La Canfora)
- The Raiders signed LB Bojay Filomeatu to active roster from practice squad on Saturday. (Aaron Wilson)
- CB Carlos Rogers (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 3.